ICYMI: The week on Front Row
ESPN’s Colin Cowherd has been training since August for The Disney Half Marathon which will be held on Jan. 12, 2013. In the video above, Cowherd gets a workout in at the ESPN Employees Wellness Center with his “inspiration,” John Anderson.
ICYMI: Highlights from the past week on Front Row
• In May, ESPN announced it would be expanding the X Games franchise to Foz do Iguaçu, Brazil, Barcelona, Spain and Munich, Germany — joining X Games Aspen, Colo., Los Angeles, Calif. and Tignes, France — taking the premier action sports event global. Front Row has photo renderings of what the venues in each new X Games locale will look like.
• The revamped KIA NBA Countdown — ESPN and ABC’s NBA pre-game show — is off to a hot start with new personalities, various new segments and more. Coordinating producer Amina Hussein gives more details about the new-look Countdown.
•The week’s Fan Central Mailbag answered questions about ESPN’s coverage plans for the FCS playoffs, the overall depth of ESPN’s offerings and steps fans can take to see their tweets and photos on air during programs like Sunday NFL Countdown.
• U.S. Marine veteran Zach Stinson was honored as a special MNF guest during the Carolina Panthers-Philadelphia Eagles game on Monday. Stinson, who was severely injured while on patrol in Afghanistan two years ago, had met the crew two weeks earlier and left a lasting impression on the MNF team.
•Part of ESPN2’s Numbers Never Lie team, former NFL star Hugh Douglas shares his thoughts and opinions alongside host Michael Smith and fellow commentator Jalen Rose on weekday afternoons. Front Row caught up with Hugh to get his thoughts on the Twitterverse and how he uses it as a tool to interact with fans.
Row of Four
Our favorites from across ESPN over the past week
• Numbers Never Lie Whiteboard: Jalen Rose examines how Cody Zeller’s impressive shooting has made him a star in college basketball.
• From Grantland: Sportstorialist: NBA Hair
• From ESPN The Magazine the “Interview” issue: Becoming Happy Gilmore. . . again
• Enjoy an array of photos in this gallery from ESPN Images.